To understand how we collect and use data, we have to differentiate between information about users who register to use the Service (“User Information”) and data about their clients from the third party law practice management platform, Clio (“Client Data”).
WHAT WE DO NOT COLLECT
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get User Information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect information you directly give us on our Service through form fields in the Service. When you register or log into your Account using your Clio login, you authorize us to access certain Clio account information, which is specified to you during that authentication process. We collect your name, email address, phone number, address, your firm’s name and may also collect biographical information about you stored in you Clio user profile, such as your photo.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Service.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your device. For example, when using our Service, we may log your device’s operating system type, language, browser type (where applicable), items you viewed,how long you spent on a particular item and information about your use of and actions on our Service.
Cookies. On our website, may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Service. This type of information is collected to make the Service more efficient and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use User Information (NOT Client Data) to:
• operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
• respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
• send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
• communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners including product announcements, fixes and updates.
• link or combine user information with other personal information.
• protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
• provide and deliver products and services customers request.
We do not access, store, collect, harvest or sell Client Data.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We never sell User Information. We may use User Information (again, NOT Client Data):
• When we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
• We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We do not (and by design cannot) share Client Data with any third party.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. Users must be 18 years old or older to use the Service. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained information from a child, or done so without parental consent, we will promptly delete the information.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
The Service may contain links to third-party websites, products or services. The Service may also offer content from third parties. Information collected by third parties is governed by those third party’s privacy policies.
LOCATION OF SERVERS
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Service with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Service works for you.
Firm Data, Inc.
10911 Raven Ridge Road
Raleigh, NC 27614